Saturday, May 07, 2005

Royal Mail reply

Dear Mr Toh,

Thank you for your enquiry about a missing International Signed For letter, reference number blah blah blah, sent to: Singapore

I have checked our records and it would appear that your letter went astray before being despatched from the United Kingdom. I can assure you we are most concerned when any loss occurs and I have therefore passed the details of this incident to our security people. They use this type of information to minimise instances of loss in our system.

In the circumstances, I am now in a position to settle your claim for compensation and therefore enclose a cheque for 7.05 pounds, which is a refund of the postage fee you paid, for a service we were unable to provide on this occasion.

I hope you will accept this along with my apologies for the concern and inconvenience you have been caused. If we can be of anymore help, please contact us again.

------------------------------------------------

Kan ni na be chao jibye, what the fuck do you mean by my letter went astray? Tsk tsk, naughty letter, why you run about? Simi lan jiao? Caused me so much trouble that day and make me cannot revise in peace...

Still I guess I should be thankful that the package got sent in the end. It could have been worse, it could still be lying in some red Royal Mail truck. And the postage turned out to be free in the end.

Moral of the story: If got precious items to send, don't use Royal Mail. Especially stuff that cannot be bought like what you handmade for example. Grrrrr...

No comments: