Monday, July 30, 2007

Heal the world, make it a better place...

Just finished watching the Asian Cup final between Iraq and Saudi Arabia. I only started watching from the Japan vs Saudi Arabia semi finals. I am really impressed by the level of football in this tournament. The level of technique was pretty high among the top teams and the pace of play was fast and aggressive. Nice =)

Was rather happy that Iraq won too. Seems to be their destiny, after all that the country had gone through. Hopefully this victory would bring a teeny weeny happiness to the people of Iraq despite all their suffering. They were deserved winners in the final for Saudi lost their heads and were not able to penetrate the sea of white shirts at all. I can't remember the Iraqi goalie having too much to do. But Iraq winning also prompted a question of what if for Singapore. Singapore beat Iraq in the first game of the qualifiers, but in the end the Lions failed to qualify and Iraq gone on to win the whole thing.

Singapore really has a long way to go judging at the high level displayed by Japan, Korea, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and even Australia in this tournament. Raddy has turned us into a disciplined and fit bunch but to step onto the next level, ie Asian Cup qualification on a consistent basis and eventually World Cup qualification, we need some seriously technically gifted players. Players like SHunsuke Nakamura, Lee Chun Soo, Younis Mahmoud, Al Qhatani and Malek, Maxim Shatskih. These are the players who can help us win games against top class Asian opposition. How are we going to train these players? I really have no idea, but it is still my hope that one day Singapore can go on to win the Asian Cup and qualify for the World Cup. And you can bet your last dollar I will be dare screaming referee kayu when that happens =))))

Anyway I came across a very interesting thread in a forum recently...

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Others_C20/Lite_%26_EZ_F15/Does_religion_matter_alot_in_a_relationship_P1979957

Some very interesting views posted by forumners there. Some are of the opinion that love can conquer all and a compromise can be made. Some firmly believe that marriage is already very complicated, there is no need to introduce another time bomb into the relationship.

Which side are you on?

To be honest, I really can't understand why religion should stand in the way if 2 people really love each other. But that's just me. I wouldn't settle for somebody I like less just because she happen to be same/no religion as me. Similarly I wouldn't give up on someone I really like due to religion. The world does not need to be so divisive... But I guess of course it's easy theorising here behind the computer screen when I do not need to do anything drastic yet.

But the reason I posted this is because, it does mean something pretty impt for me.... and this thread had to be there at this time. Maybe there really is someone up there after all......

No comments: