Friday, January 14, 2005

On top of a hill...

Ok final post about Austria. So on the last day, after going to Schonbrunn Palace and checking out. I took the train back to Salzburg to take a plane back to London. I arrived in Salzburg at about 2pm and had about 5 hours to kill before I need to go to the airport. Seeing that the weather was nice, I decided to go up to the hill near the fortress to take photos again.

But before that I passed through the town centre again.

See the difference that nice weather makes to your photos?


Salzach river


Salzburg Dom

And the photos that I took at the viewing point called Richterhohe:



The fortress from the Richterhohe side


I like this photo very much...


The lovely snow capped mountains. See the difference that weather makes again??


Sunset...


Sunset again...


Take-photo-of-myself-with-timer time!


Somebody took this for me. Wearing a FCUK long sleeve t-shirt which costs just 3.75 pounds!! Cheap cheap!!

Anyway as I was waiting for sunset, I decided to take a few spy cam shots of people at the viewing point. Trying to be a bit artistic. Think some of them turned out quite well...

A couple enjoying a quiet moment


2 old men enjoying the sunlight. Don't be mistaken, it was freezing coz of the wind!


Now got people talking to the old man in black. After the people left, the old man started to leave but before that he talked to me and guess what? He spoke CHINESE!!! I was pleasantly surprised. And he told me that he was in Singapore 15 or 20 years ago. It's a small world. Some of the sentences he knew: tian kong you bai yun (the sky has white clouds), yu zai shui li you (fish swimming in water), damn power lah.

Anyway just a thought: wonder where I will be in 40 years time. Would I even live that long? I probably would died of being too pissed off at 40 years old...

Anyway more spy cam photos...


This not bad looking woman was fiddling with her phone the whole time. Wonder if she had come to the hilltop for a rendezvous (did I spell it correctly?) with her lover but her lover "fly her aeroplane"? She left pretty quickly though.


I really really like this photo a lot. Think it is the best of all the spy cam photos. I think it shows the scenery nicely and conveys a certain tranquility about the whole situation. Do you all think so? Do give comments ok? I wish I had people with me to help me take such photos also...but guess my ugly face will destroy the photo also lah hor?


This couple probably came up to have a nice time but found a Chinese idiot sitting there so they couldn't get up to any hanky panky. Hahahaha. This photo would have been nicer if they had come earlier and there was a bit more sunlight.

Yeah so I stayed there until just after sunset. Was deliberating about whether to stay until nightfall to see the night scene but I was extremely afraid about getting mugged since I still had to walk through a bit of woods to get back to the town centre. In the end decided not to. Guess I am extremely humji after all.

Anyway took 2 sets of panoramic shots at Richterhohe. Those of you who have Canon cameras, do make sure of the panoramic function in the cameras and then use photo stitch to combine them together! It's really simple to use and very nicely done too. The wonders of technology nowadays...


For clearer view, click here


For clearer view, click here

Anyway guess that's all for Austria. Next up: Amsterdam!

No comments: