Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The past is history, the future is a mystery, the present is a gift...

Here's a look back at 2004, TosH style, in no particular order:

  1. Winning the UCL Intersociety football shield tournament. We didn't exactly win the whole tournament, just the section for teams knocked out in the first round. But still it is the first time I won anything in football.
  2. Watching Euro 2004, the summer football extravaganza, live. Incredible experience, which is truly once in a lifetime. Thus enabling myself to find out what is the perfect holiday for me, i.e. eating seafood by the river in lovely weather with a football match in the evening.
  3. Attending the 2004 FA Cup final, and finally watching United lift a trophy before my eyes. Shame that I was far away from the end of the match celebrations though.
  4. Watching the United vs City FA Cup game live. One of the few matches when I had tears in my eyes, being too ecstatic at taking a 3-0 lead with only 10 men.
  5. Being able to go for the last home game of the 2003/2004 season against Chelsea. Being there to listen live to Sir Alex's end of season speech at Old Trafford and then singing "United Road" in full voice as the players did a lap of honour around the pitch was the dream of a lifetime too. Shame that Untied were not league champions.
  6. Being able to attend my first away game and at Newcastle too. Helped me see why United had a truly magnificent away support.
  7. Ok ok enough about football. Moving into a new home in Singapore. Had lots of work cleaning up and maintaining the place, but its still lovely. I love my rooftop and koi!
  8. OBS. The canoeing part was really excellent fun especially when I had a really good partner. Brought back memories of the cross country camp in Sec 3.
  9. Dying of ecstasy when eating super duper cheap seafood in Prague. Seafood spaghetti, fish soup, mussels, ice cream and service charge all for just FOUR POUNDS! *Thumbs up*
  10. Last but not least, leaving Singapore after the summer holidays feeling like I had better relationships with my parents. *Priceless*

Some New Year resolutions which I will break anyway:

  1. Grow up, being still far too childish.
  2. Relax, being pissed way too easily.
  3. Study harder. I am a full time student, part time United supporter, not the other way around.
  4. Go to Athens (its my last year god damn it!)
  5. Become more handsome.
  6. Be more generous.
  7. Stop taking money from parents in the summer.
  8. Watch as many United matches as I can (including an away game in Europe if possible), which is not in conflict with point number 3!
  9. Save more money (POSSIBLY in conflict with point number 8 but I can always cut down on the number of jerseys I buy. I now own *gasp* EIGHT jerseys)
  10. Eat less. I am growing fat.

A set of contingency resolutions if I really go back to NS:

  1. I will not chao geng.
  2. I will not moan when I have to do weekend duties.
  3. I will not lie in bed when I have to do area cleaning.
  4. I will not chao geng during morning 5BX.
  5. I will be more enthusiastic about field camps.
  6. I will clean my rifle faithfully.
  7. I will help my platoon mates more.
  8. I will not be the last to fall in.
  9. I will do chin ups regularly.
  10. I will get a date for social night *yippee*

That's all folks, have a great 2005!



No comments: