Friday, September 10, 2004

Lazy Pigs eat Red Tape

For the 4th consecutive day, I woke up later than 1230pm. I thought my biological clock had been tuned to normal mode by my 3 week stint in Bendemeer, but no. Once the attachment ended, its back to normal piggy Tosh again. And mind you, I would not wake up too if not for the renovation work going on in the unit behind my house. Don't I just love my body for being so lazy and piggy?

I have been complaining a lot for the past 2 years about British inefficiency, so today I am going to complain about red tape in Singapore for a change (or no change depending on ur point of view). Had to call up the tobacco division or whatever of HSA to help my dad amend the address shown on his licence. It should be #02-40 and not #01-240. However, the lady kindly informed me that I can't change over the phone. The unit number they got from NEA was 240 so they kindly assumed its on the ground floor and added 01 in. Now I have to go to NEA to change the address over there (apparently they got it over there), then troop down to Helios building at Biopolis Way to change the address again. I would have to pay 30 dollars too. Immediately my bullshit detector went on high alert again. Firstly it is none of my dad's business that you all ASSUME it is on the ground floor and added 01 into the unit number! and then my dad has to pay $30 to change it???? just to change the stupid address? And isn't there a system to update all relevant agencies when my dad amends the address at NEA? Why does he need to go to HSA again?!?!?!?! Fucking hell!!! My advice to Singapore: before you move into nice and posh new buildings, and find 101 stylo mylo names like BIOPOLIS and HELIOS to fit your roads and buildings, start looking into ways to enhance your customer service, cut out red tape and lastly be more SENSIBLE. (Asking ppl for original photocopies of certificates when they obviously lost them in the first place is just plain silly. That's why they are there in the first place to apply for visa!!!) Somehow I think consumers would appreciate that more than trying to find silly road names. (Imagine my non- English speaking father's reaction when I tell him he would have to go to BIOPOLIS way, SI MI LAN JIAO?!?!)

And by the way, Louis Saha and Gary Neville got injured during midweek WC2006 qualifiers, adding to United's injury woes. I hate international games. They should be banned (since Singapore sucks anyway).

No comments: