Monday, September 13, 2004

Night cycling

Had the most amazing night of cycling on Friday night. Cycled from Pasir Ris to Simei and then from Simei to Geylang for supper. Ate like a mad man there before going to Esplanade. AND THEN wecycled back. Must have been over 40km in all from 950pm to 5am. Really enjoyed it a lot, especially cycling on the main road beside the traffic and all. Somehow I love it when I am on a bicycle, putting my life in danger by trying to race with traffic and swerving here and there, but not sure the person behind me appreciated it all that much. Feeling more and more enthusiastic about my plan to cycleto Sungei Buloh, hopefully can find one day when I wake up early enough to do that.

Just realised there's only 1 more weekend to go before I go back, and this time registration is straight away and that means school and work begin almost straight away. I feel lethargic and drained. I feel I have not rested enough. I want to have 2 weeks when I have completely nothing to do, no need to clean furniture, no need to move house, no need to go to school, no need to do presentations for MOE etc etc....just having nothing to do. But there is no chance to do so....

As a last thought....don't you feel saddened by news all the time when you read the newspapers? Don't you feel like going back to the mid 1990s esp 1994 when the economy was doing so well, everybody feels rich, and you feel like you can have anything you want from your parents? A time when there did not seem to be any major security threats? When you do not seem to have the word security and terrorism staring out at you whenever you read newspapers? And fishball noodles only cost $1.50. Somehow I do....

1 comment:

mimi said...

aye... don't take the 'reckless' comment to heart ok... if i had been truly traumatised, i would have screamed, fainted and died. and anyway, i seriously couldn't have survived without such a steady n experienced frontman.