Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Rojak Thoughts

Several thoughts went through my mind today....not sure how to start. Firstly feeling very very busy, only 2 more weekends before I head back to London. Time to pick up the books, washing powder, wok etc again. I do not want that kind of life. The only thing which makes life barely enjoyable is the prospect of going to Man United matches....but my membership is screwed up, and tickets for the Arsenal match going on sale this Friday...how?

List of things I have to do:
Develop my photos (before some virus invades my lap top and destroys all my precious photos)
Put photos into those big and cute albums (nice when there are girls and they will go "I want to seeeeee!")
Finish up the attachment feedback form for MOE (too many complains, but unpolitically correct to write down...how?)
Buy stuff to bring back to UK (Springfield $114 jacket and more realistically bags of ikan bilis)
Watch VCDs

Secondly, could foreign talent policy be going too far? The ratio of foreigners to locals in local unis are getting ridiculously high. Case in point:
My friend (totally hip and cool local): Auntie wo yao yi wan yu yuan mian
Auntie: Xiao Di, ni shi na li ren? (where are you from?)

That's how bad it is. The mentality now is that everybody suspects everybody else is not a local. Another of my friend do not have any locals in his level in his hall. And this is supposed to be one of the most happening halls in NUS. The first friend who is active in track and field can't even get into this hall simply coz of these foreigners. Now not only Singaporeans overseas are getting screwed, Singaporeans in local unis are also getting screwed. Great.

Watched Harold and Kumar today. For the sake of the majority, decided to watch it too and wasted $6.50 on it. Highly entertaining, but highly brainless too. Many brave souls tried but failed to find any deeper meaning to the show. I shall try.

1. When some idiots just try to wind you up, there's no use getting all riled up.
2. The pretty girl taking the elevator with you everyday probably likes you even if you are a boring Asian
3. The aforementioned pretty girl probably doesn't mind you kissing her.
4. The most hideous people always get the hottest chicks (remember boil man?)

Of the 4 sentences above, the first 3 are basically crap but the 4th one is an absolute truth. How many times have you walked down Orchard Road (or East Coast Park, Suntec wherever you are likely to find couples) to see this really gorgeous babe holding hands with an animal? (the opposite case is not in my database as I have never had time for hideous female creatures) How many times have you felt like going up to those pretty girls and opening up their eyes, drip some eye-mo and asking them to look carefully? But I suppose all this means the rest of us ordinary folk can still have some hope. We just need more stamps (read: cash) to paste over their eyes.

Which brings me to the final thought of the day, money. I need more MONEY!!!! Economics taught me that there are limited resources but unlimited wants. But it did not teach me what to do to reduce those unlimited wants. I want an I Pod, a PS2, plenty of new clothes, accessories for my bicycle and even the stupid 167 to Orchard costs $1.23. Did I hear anyone mention GBP 880?

No comments: