Saturday, September 25, 2004

Provision Shop Owner

This is it. In another approximately 22 hours, I will be bidding farewell to Singapore. Cents become pence, dollars become pounds, ESPN becomes Sky, Hokkien mee becomes spaghetti, dial up becomes LAN (one good thing...), air con becomes heater, Sembawang Road becomes Euston Road. Not too sure what this year holds for me. Had the comforting thought of Euro 2004 and 2 lovely ladies as my housemates to look forward to last year, but none of that this year. In addition, there's the headache of possibly applyingfor Masters and interviews to try and get sponsorship from MOE, during which I must try and sell myself but which I am totally incapable of doing. And I really ought to plan properly where I want to visit for my holidays, as my days are numbered. Thought it might be interesting to list down the stuff in my suitcase.

5x5 packets of instant noodles
4 packets of instant milo
1 packet of instant chrysanthemum tea
2 bottles of peanut butter
1 bottle of sesame oil
2 bottles of chilli sauce
2 packets of rock sugar
1 kg of green beans
0.5kg of red beans
0.5 kg of barley seeds
10x2 packets of haw flakes
Pi Pa Gao
Ru Yi You (that oil where you rub on your tummy when you have stomachache)
Panadol
2 packs of Know soup cubes
1 can of MSG (my hair is going to drop)
3 packets of salted vege
12 packets of preserved vege (Si Chuan Cai)
Chinese mushrooms
1 kg of ikan bilis

That's all I can think of at the moment. No bah gua this time coz dun wanna it to be confiscated. But guess its enough for me not to miss home for a while. London (and perhaps more importantly) Manchester here I come!!

2 comments:

me. said...

hahaha! that's quite a bit of stuff u have there! do you have enough space in your luggage? and my laptop's down -wails-
it's really chilly back here brrrrr
xx lynne

TosH said...

Amazingly I am bringing LESS stuff than last year, so theoretically I can still bring more stuff even though I am way over 20kg. REFORMAT your lap top...you know its the RIGHT thing to do.