Friday, October 08, 2004

Mourning the passing of another...

KOI!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I feel so du lan...and useless. I wonder if my tiny pond back in Singapore is jinxed, and every other week a fish has to die as sacrifice.

This morning, my sister told me that another of my koi died. This is the third one in like 2 months. The first one got eaten up by a cat (I knew it because I heard a splash and saw a cat running away and one of the koi disappeared), and so we put up those wire gauzes (dun know the proper name) which you use during BBQs to stop the cat. The second one had a wound by the side and apparently was attacked by one of the smaller "African" fish. So we removed the African fish and I thought that's that, all my koi can swim around peacefully and grow up happily. BUT NO!!! Another one had to die. Apparently it had not been eating had was becoming really thin. My dad took it out and put it into a pail and tried to feed it but it stil lwould not eat. By morning, it died. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I had chosen most of the koi MYSELF. I had rescued them from that overcrowded tank in Chong Pang Market!!! They can't die on me!!!!! The weird thing is that I seem to have a spritual connection with my koi. Had wanted to msg my sis last night to ask whether the koi were fine (I think I am going mad...), about the same time as it died I think. I really really hope none of them die anymore. I still want to feed them myself and see them swimming around :(

In loving memory of my koi:



The one which just died was either the one at the top or the one on the right. My sister isn't sure which. I seem to be the only one who can recognise each and everyone of them. The one which died of injury is the one with yellow head and black spots. My second favourite :(


1 comment:

me. said...

You and your koi.. tsk tsk. -shakes head-
i hereby bow my head in silence for a min in memory to your beloved koi ;)
xx lynne