Saturday, October 16, 2004

Pictures and Videos speak a thousand words

Got so many things to write about...both good and bad...but very very mundane...so if you got lots of work to do like I do, better not read on.

First the various pieces of good news :). I finally got my Man United membership pack after it had gone MIA at my old apartment.

AND....



Yeah right~ like it's real....

But you just have got to hand it to the marketing people at Man United for coming up with silly ideas such as this one and the one below:



Notice the name right at the bottom of the list :P Perhaps they did see my post a few days ago :)

Now the next happy thing:




YES YES!!!! I have my FIRST Man United ticket for this season!!!! Yippee~~ I can just imagine the Champions League music playing now with both teams lining up. But I won't be facing the teams but rather behind them since I am in North Stand :(

"Stop complaining! You have a bloody ticket!" I hear you say? Well I do have a right to complain. The tickets for this match went on general sale, which means any dude can just log onto the net and buy tickets for this game now (which is pretty disappointing actually since Man United are supposed to be so popular). And that means people like me who are members and applied long ago are ASSURED of a ticket.

Sometimes in life, your words can come back to haunt you. I was thinking about the previous paragraph last night and then this morning, I received the following email *grrrrrr*:

Dear Mr Shihua Toh,
MANCHESTER UNITED V Charlton Athletic
OLD TRAFFORD, 20/11/2004
KICK OFF 12:45

Further to your application in respect of the above game, we have to advise that, because we were oversubscribed, a ballot was held and unfortunately you were unsuccessful on this occasion. Please accept our apologies for the disappointment our response will inevitably cause but trust you understand the difficulties we are faced with when demand far exceeds supply.

If you would like further information, please contact the Ticket and MatchInformation line on +44 (0) 870 757 1968. If you would like to apply fortickets for another match simply visit the website at: http://www.manutd.com

Thank you for your continued support which is very much appreciated.

Yours faithfully
Mr A Chubb
Ticket Office and Turnstile Operations Manager

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! Absolutely pissed off. Never been rejected twice before during last season but now I have been rejected 3 times in a row!!! What the hell man. If I can get my hands on that Mr A Chubb, he will KNOW what is the true meaning of DEMAND and SUPPLY.

And still more unhappy stuff. Happily bought the books below from Amazon after being influenced by Lynne to READ and Li Yeng pointed out that book in Waterstones which I should really read as an Economics student.



But before I could open the book and read a single page....this happened:



Yes...my readings are piling up like nobody's business....perhaps taking 2.5 units this term is not such a good idea after all since EVERY course requires a lot of reading. AND the last 2 books were on average 40 pounds each. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??? 120 Sing dollars for a textbook?? Bloody hell. If not for the hassle of photocopying the books I would have done it. Screw copyright laws. Think somebody should start putting online versions of these books on Kazaa *pissed*

Pissed but perhaps not as pissed as the Taiwan Foreign Minister:

Video of "speech" on Bi Sai and Lam Par

Scroll to the middle of the page and click on either the second or third pink box. I know that this is a bit late... but still wanted to share it in case Singapore's censorship didn't allow the video to be shown.
I am probably the least qualified person to comment or criticise on what he said (since according to official estimates in BMT 7 out of 10 sentences I speak contain expletives :P). But what amazed me the most was the Foreign Ministry's initial defence of the minister which said he was just using language which is closer to the people in the audience and trying to be closer to them blah blah blah. What a load of crap! As my friend pointed out, did that guy mean Taiwanese all speak like that all the time? And most importantly, would you select me as Foreign Minister of Singapore since I am so good in expletives? I rest my case...

No comments: