Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Not For Sale Campaign

http://www.mufcnotforsale.com/index.php

An excellent website which exposes all the myths and media hype about the proposed takeoever bid by Glazer, or anybody else for that matter.

Maybe I am crazy like what my mother said after all. I get all worked up when Man United concede a goal. I get worked up too when a person tells me he wants to go to Old Trafford and I tell him there are tickets on general sale and then he turns around with a stupid excuse like he MIGHT have a test then and he can't go. I get all worked up when people tell me Alex Ferguson should be sacked because he has lost it. And last but not least, I get most pissed off when a person asks me when I am going up to Old Trafford and then he says must jio him. When i urge him to sign for membership, he tells me its not worth it because the cost of membership + ticket is more than what you would get from a tout. FOR FUCKS SAKE get it from a tout then!!! Ask me for what?!? Do I PRINT tickets? I have my fair share of matches which I want to go for, and any spares which I land my hands on ought to go round to as many DIFFERENT people as possible because I want more people to share this experience. IF you want to go for a few more times, please do not come to me!! It hurts me when I typed out a lengthy email explaining how to go about applying for membership and tickets, only to have people tell me its not worth it (when that is how I get the spares for them in the first place) or ask me all over again how to apply.

Nobody likes to be called a muppet, and everyone have different commitment levels to Man United. Let's face it, most of us just want to watch Man United play good football and win trophies. The board and finances of the club are but just interesting footnotes to us in the colourful story of Manchester United. I feel this way too. It might be too much to ask Sporeans to join SU and buy shares but at least be AWARE of the consequences and arguments against a takeover. It cannot be good in ANY way for a wealthy guy to take over a football club when he is only interested in profits. And it is definitely not good for football in general. Where is the continuity and stability going to come from? These people can just screw supporters andsell off their shares when no longer profitable. Who's left holding the stick? Supporters. What can they do if they are screwed by higher ticket prices? Support Man City, Liverpool, Leeds or Arsenal? OF COURSE NOT. So please at least be aware. Do not let others say supporters from Far East and Southeast Asia only know how to buy Nike nylon fabric for 40 pounds. It pains me to see how ignorant and foolish some Singaporeans behave. In the programme for the Chelsea game last season, there was a feature on overseas friendlies United had played and the 2001 trip to Singapore was highlighted BUT for the wrong reason. A Singaporean journalist had actually asked Ferguson at the press conference if he had a selection policy whereby better looking players are chosen ahead of uglier ones. What the fuck?!?! PLEASE!!!!

No comments: