Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Always look on the bright side of life....

Not all was doom and gloom about the Boxing Day trip (even though I would have preferred to watch the game instead). I knew before I made the trip that I would have a lot of time left after the game before catching the coach back to London and so I had decided to stay behind and hope to get some players' signatures. I had hoped to get some signatures on the match programme, but I could not get my hands on a copy even after running to a few shops I know which sells them. In addition, by the time I reached the stadium, Ruud had already gone, Giggs had already signed until the end of the line and I was mightily close to getting Rio's signature but he left very soon after I joined the line :(. Other big names which passed me by were Ronaldo (very very close :( ) and Keane (rare that he even signed any, I guess he was feeling the festive mood or were touched by the crowd waiting in the cold for him...).

But I still managed to get some autographs from Bellion, O'Shea, Smith, Fletcher and *drum rolls* Sir Alex!!! Here are some pictures:


I was THAT close to getting his signature. Close, but no cigar :(


Alan Smith, one of my favourite players. I think I am turning gay. His smile is damn cute. And I also like his dress sense. There were 2 very pretty girls in the crowd who talked for a bit with him. They thanked Smith for helping them get tickets. Damn, I wish I was half as cute as Alan Smith. What a life, driving a BMW, playing for Man United AND helping pretty girls get tickets. (Interesting trivia, Fletcher left in Smith's car, probably live close together or are rather close friends)


The 2 pretty friends of Alan Smith, I think the one behind with long hair is more chio. I also want to be a footballer!!!


Smithy's signature on my United scarf, priceless!!! Should have got him to sign on something better, but I didn't have a match programme :( and I forgot I still had my ticket. Must try again next time!


A little girl with a very loud and cute voice, sitting on his daddy's back had caught O'Shea's attention. I think she said "I love you Johnny" or something which was quite funny.


O'Shea's signature on the left, Fletcher's signature on the right. As you all can see, the right side of the ticket is still intact, meaning it was never used. Most expensive ticket ever for me in more ways than 1. (I only remembered I had my ticket after I saw someone ask Smith to sign his ticket)


Sir Alex's Audi parked outside the Directors' Entrance in the South Stand.



Sir Alex Ferguson right before my eyes!! After he signed for me, I shouted out "Sir Alex, bring back the title" and he gave a calm and monotonous reply "We'll do our best." I guess loads of people must have said that to him, but to me it also indicated that he had lost none of his hunger and winning the title is still very much on his mind. (Or am I kidding myself :P)


Sir Alex signed my copy of his autobiography!! Woo hoo!!! I mentioned earlier that I had already decided to wait for signatures after the game and so I had brought this book along (this is also the reason I bought it from Amazon after having read it from Toa Payoh library) and I am certainly glad the book had not made a wasted trip!


Sir Alex's signature at the back of my (unused) match ticket.

I must must must get signatures of Giggs, Ronaldo, Keane, Ruud, Scholes and Ferdinand. Actually in fact, everybody's signature. Although given a choice, I would much rather have watched the game and not get signatures but they certainly alleviated the dulanness that I had felt.

If only I had gotten the Spurs ticket....

No comments: