Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I want to go back to Singapore!!

Whiny Tosh is back in action again!!

I want to go back to Singapore!! It's so damn bloody cold here that I can't stand it! My tolerance for cold weather had gone down dramatically in the past year and somehow this year feels much colder than the past 2 years. And I hate it. But again I am just being whiny of course because all I had to do a couple of months back was to ask my parents for money and I would be back in sunny Singapore (and complaining about the expensive air ticket, 13 hour long flight, too hot weather etc etc)

But the following REALLY made me wish I was back in Singapore.

From The Straits Times:

Dec 22, 2004

More than 500 Lions fans make KL plans

THE Tiger Cup will come to Singapore only on Jan 2, but football fever has already hit a group of die-hard Lions fans.

At least 500 of them are set to make the trip to Kuala Lumpur for next Wednesday's semi-final first leg between Singapore and Myanmar at the 18,000-capacity Cheras Stadium.

Myanmar have chosen to play their home matches in Malaysia as there is a lack of proper facilities in their country.

Singapore and Myanmar will meet again at the National Stadium for the second leg on Jan 2. But fans such as Tampines Rovers director of operations R. Vengadasalam will not be waiting that long before watching the Lions.

He said: 'It's not every day that we make it to the Tiger Cup semi-finals.

'I was brought up on Malaysia Cup football, when travelling across the Causeway to watch a game was a regular thing.

'It was always a wonderful experience and it will be nice to relive this with the Tiger Cup.'

He has already booked five buses and expects to fill them by the end of the week for the U-turn trip - leave Singapore in the afternoon, watch the match and return the same night.

William Lee, who runs Wilpat Transporter Agency, is working with the Football Association of Singapore to organise packages.

A one-night stay at the Grand Continental Hotel in Kuala Lumpur, transportation and match ticket, will cost $110.

Lee is also considering having a U-turn option.

Said Lee, who used to organise trips to watch Malaysia Cup matches in the early 1990s: 'It will be just like the good old days.

'I already managed to fill three buses with my old football buddies. I have been getting calls every day and I am quite confident we can get about six buses.'

Lee is not the only veteran tour organiser crossing the Causeway.

Walter Koh, a prominent name in the 1990s, is offering a two-day/one-night package at $119, while a U-turn trip cost $69. Also included is an insurance coverage of $10,000.

The FAS will be selling tickets for the semi-final first leg to the public.

The dates and times of the ticket sales will be announced shortly. -- MARC LIM

GOD DAMN IT!! I WANT TO GO AND WATCH SINGAPORE TOO!!!

I was too young to catch the Malaysia Cup fever (i.e. going to National Stadium to watch...) and this is such a perfect chance to go travel AND watch Singapore and it isn't held in some ulu ulu Southeast Asian country which I wouldn't dare to step on without having written my will. If I was in Singapore this time, I would be really really gian to go for this game (hoping parents' agree of course...). And its pretty cheap to go too, about the same price as what I pay when I go to Manchester, with a night in a hotel thrown in.

But its useless to cry over spilt milk. I will still be hoping for the best all the same. GO LIONS!

P.S.: Anybody thinks I should start a part time career actually organising trips to Old Trafford and making some profits from it? *ponders*

No comments: