Friday, December 10, 2004

Stressed...

About 1 week more to go, I need to get my CV (strictly speaking some semblance of CV) in order and hand the reference letter and the CV to the tutors who have to write the recommendation letters for my Masters application. I also have to prepare for my Europe presentation and I still don't really have a clear idea of what I am going to talk about. I also need to finish up on my trade essay. I am so stressed...

My level of stress also came from the fact that I had a very busy weekend. On Friday it was Xinhui's birthday and we went to this absolutely brilliant Spanish restaurant and had the best ever ang moh food I ever had in London. I absolutely love seafood and also Spanish paella. Yum yum. And of course it helps that one doesn't have to pay for it. Thanks a lot Miss Guo!


Glorious food!


Group photo


It's Miss Guo's 21st!


We were wondering if he really did come to this restaurant

Then on Saturday, I once again headed up to Manchester for the Southampton game. This trip was so much better. The bus arrived earlier than expected (though for 1 reason or another I still only made it to my seat like 5 minutes before kickoff). The result was good and the atmosphere picked up very well after the first goal went in. And I made it back to London at 11 plus at night. Believe it or not this is only the second proper 3 pm Saturday kickoff I have attended at Old Trafford up till now. Ridiculous considering how many matches I had gone for. Perhaps I shall write a piece on television scheduling of matches one day...

On Sunday, I had to go for the LSE 11s, which is an 11-a-side football tournament for Singaporeans. Once again, we won 1 game and lost the other in our group, reached the semis and lost, and once again self-proclaimed ourselves third in the tournament (since there wasnt any 3rd 4th playoff). And once again I played like shit but what is new is that I nearly ended up being sent off. I wished I had properly taught that fucker a lesson because he went on to stamp on my keeper after pushing me. That fucker is a Malaysian Chinese. I told you I hate Malaysian Chinese. That mouse-faced bastard had better watch out the next time he plays against me.


The team on Sunday

We had only 11 guys for the whole of the tournament while other teams had much more players. The fuckers from Kings imported nearly half their team and left like 5 or 6 Singaporeans on the bench when they realised that they could not beat us with a pure Singaporean team. I can understand if you do not have enough players and you import. I can also understand if you bring in imports so that you can rotate and rest your players. But when they realise they could not make it, they put in all their ang mohs and I have no respect for them whatsoever. Kings can go fuck off in my opinion, shitty school with shitty people. You know they are fucked up when their captain tries to speak with an accent but its so fucked up that you know he is phony.

With that came the end of what is probably my last LSE 11s. Time passes by so quickly and yet another term is going to end. One suspects that when I go back to army, I will remember about my various trips and matches and stuff like that and I may miss the life here. But when I think about my pathetic day to day life now, perhaps it isn't such a bad idea to go back and wear green. At least it is my land, my home. It IS different over here; I do not belong to this land....

No comments: