Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The juggernaut known as time goes on and on...

23 Mar 2005

Yet another landmark in my life so far. The day when term officially ends. The day when I have my last lecture as an undergraduate. (Ok at least that is if I do not fail..although given my luck now I will not totally rule that out! :S) The day when I have to officially tell myself that I am saying goodbye...for good.

It seems like nearly everyone's mood is affected by this watershed too. Its a shame really, that throughout the last 6 weeks I have not had the chance to properly savour every last moment of my undergraduate life. I was always willing time to pass quickly so that I can get my laptop back and without me realising it, term had ended. (Who would have expected this saga to extend for so long anyway...?)

And so yeah, by 1 pm tomorrow, I have to wave goodbye to Anatomy LT, Darwin LT, Chemistry Auditorium, AV Hill LT, Harrie Massey LT, Cruciform, Drayton House, the Main Quad etc etc. And also goodbye to most of the people I met over here by 9pm. Most of them have been good to me, some exceptionally nice, some I wished I had the time to know more, and a couple who should frankly just get out of my sight. But nevertheless they all contribute to my memories, pages in the book called life...

And I also have to tell myself that the days of taking 3am buses to Stansted airport to catch cheap budget flights to Europe are over (replaced by SAF roll calls to get on flights to Brunei :S). Each trip was filled with different memories...

Scotland - the nice mountains, the long trek in the rain along a haunted path at night to the hostel, nice Edinburgh

Portsmouth - nice seaside scenery in Isle of Wight

Leeds - talking cock until 4 am?

Paris - Disneyland!

Cardiff - shivering in the cold and my first brush with touts

Italy - nice gelato, seafood spaghetti, taking silly photos at the Leaning Tower, sitting on top of the hill in Florence taking photos of couples, admiring the sunset in Venice and wishing that I can take the gondola....

Japan - Hakkone, Disneyland!, Shopping in the various districts...

Brussels - Good food (mussels!), drinking cherry beer in the hostel and gossiping about miss "shou"

Berlin - Finally seeing the Berlin wall with my very own eyes

Prague - The nice and cheap seafood restaurant at old town square, the nice river and castle, the peaceful yet disturbing Terezin

Cardiff - Yet again, but experienced a true Cup Final atmosphere and this time with a winning feeling...

Spain - Finally got to visit Nou Camp and Bernabeu, eat excellent paella, walking along the beach in Barcelona, looking down from the fort in Barcelona, uncomfortable feeling during bull fighting (yucks..)

Portugal - eating seafood and drinking Port wine by the river in Porto, watching English fans take over open squares with their bare bodies and beer in Lisbon, singing In-ger-lund in the England vs France match, but most of all taking part in an excellent football festival...

Liverpool - Walking along the Mersey River, experiencing the spine tingling "You'll Never Walk Alone"at Anfield

Glasgow - Best Indian curry I have eaten in possibly my whole life yet...

Newcastle - my first away game plus non stop singing and a great victory to boot, looking at the magnificant Tyne Bridge

Austria - nice snow capped mountains and sunset in Salzburg, nice and romantic buildings in Vienna...

Amsterdam - food! glorious Indonesian, Portuguese food, apple tarts...Dutch pancakes... nice canals

Milan - My first European away, experiencing the "English fans singing and drinking beer in open square" atmosphere again, surrounded by Milan fans, BEST EVER seafood spaghetti in my whole life (I wish I can tell you all more but my laptop still not ready yet :( )

Will there be more?

And of course who can forget the trips to watch Man United... I still can't quite believe I might never go back there again... the 6-0 demolition of West Ham in my first match, Forlan's brilliant volley against Rangers, winning against City with 10 men, singing United Road at the last home game of the season, winning the FA Cup, winning at St James Park, getting Sir Alex's autograph...

And of course those were just the major stuff, also got lots of minor minor stuff that make the normal days passable...

like eating at Chop Chop and steamboats....

the after dinner gossip sessions in Brunswick, cooking in Brunswick with Shaoxing wine! Even gossiping on MSN even in Brunswick....muahahahahaha....

Bah this post is having less and less structure....anyway thanks for enriching my life!

P.S. I should have started a blog since I first came to London....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You Just Made My day, Keep it Up and Please Keep Sharing
Chantel Venessa Bruno