Saturday, March 12, 2005

Mindless ramblings

Sometimes some people need to get a grip on reality. Having airy fairy ideas and not being realistic is the path to disappointment, if not destruction. If you are so good, private companies will still want you after you finish 6 years of your bond. If you are not good, there is no way that they will sign a contract with you to further your studies, much less pay you out of your bond.

If you want to earn big money, you have to endure long, irregular working hours, stress or unreasonable working environments. No two ways about it. If you are lazy, can't take hardship and stress, then you will be paid peanuts. Having a ai pin ai qi ai dua ni attitude only works in wet markets.

If this is what a significant proportion of the "brightest" students in Singapore think, then perhaps I really should start to get worried for Singapore.

Guys go through a lot of sacrifices in NS (another story for another day). You were sleeping soundly at 530am in the morning while males your age woke up for 5BX. Defence is necessary for Singapore and I accept it. What makes me fume is that some people don't appreciate it and simply knock down our sacrifices by saying that we should not get a higher starting pay. Perhaps we really need a WW3 to wake up some people.

I used to argue with my GP teacher that a bond is merely a contract and if people wish to break a bond, they should be allowed to do so. I think I no longer have such a selfish attitude. When you sign the contract, you should have a view towards completing the contract. After all that is the purpose of that piece of paper. If you are already trying to find ways and means to get out even before starting to honour that piece of paper which you put your name on, what is your name worth in future? I will try my best to be a good teacher in future. If I am not, it still isn't too late for me to get out after a few years. At least I will know I have tried my best but it wasn't to be and it is best that I do not screw any more students. But not before I have given it my best shot.

Ha! I sound like I am sitting on a moral high horse. Maybe I should just admit that I have a serious lack of ambition. Weak, no fighting spirit.

-----------------------------------------------

How can I trust anything that you or your company tell me if you told me on Thursday that the part had arrived and you will start repairs ASAP and then on Friday tell me that the part had not arrived and the estimated arrival date is Friday? I don't want to be a bastard, but you lot don't seem to be helping yourselves.....

But what can I do?

I want my girl back.....

I feel like a twat for complaining when my friend has an infinitely bigger problem than me. I guess it is true that I am a greedy person.

I should get myself off that moral high horse.

No comments: