Tuesday, April 19, 2005

FA Cup Semi Cardiff Millenium Stadium 170405

Instead of revising for my exams, I found myself in Cardiff yesterday for the Cup semi. But well worth the money and time spent, even though the weather was utter crap. Just osme pictures, might talk more about the whole day if I have time (or maybe I am just humji that someone will say that I waste tax payers' money on football matches :S)

The weather started off well enough as shown by this picture. London St Pancras train station, just outside where I live.



What do you get when you have a square outside a stdium before a match? English football fans drinking beer, and singing and kicking footballs into the air! (The point could have been better substantiated if I had told you all about Milan, but will do it after exams :P)



Proof of my revision: The picture belows demonstrates the principle of minimum differentiation in Hoteling's linear city model.



Oh and the Welsh actually have their own language. Not too sure why though...



This year is supposed to be Cardiff's centenary year. Hmm does that mean when Singapore was founded by Raffles Cardiff had not appeared yet?



I think I do not need to explain why Newcastle has the nickname the Barcodes : They're here...



They're there...



They're everywhere!



River Taff and the Millenium Stadium. My third pilgrimage now...



Helicopter in the air



Welcome to the Millenium Stadium...



and the match today is between Newcastle United and Manchester United.



Here we see the lads from Manchester warming up...



and the Newcastle fans trying their best to imitate Anfield.



The Millenium Stadium really is quite an impressive arena, even if the acoustics is not too good. Oh dear my stadium fetish is kicking in again...



Kickoff!



And Scholes scores the crucial second goal just before halftime:



Celebrating Ruud's second goal. Really glad to see him score again. Players who just want to play for United are just that bit more special...



United players applauding their fans after the game.

No comments: