Saturday, April 02, 2005

My favourite song...

Was suddenly reminded of my favourite song just now. Haven't heard it in ages, at least not since my laptop broke down. So which is the song that has the honour of being TosH's favourite?

*Drum rolls*

It's the Hokkien classic ....... Ai Piah Jia Eh Yia!!!

*Applause*

I can still remember humming the song in the back seat of my dad's Mitsubishi Gallant, with the PIE wind blowing through my hair (got Beach Boys feeling or not? :P) Every weekend we were brought to Tampines to visit my grandparents and we had to take the PIE from Toa Payoh. And along the way I always listened to such golden oldies. So much so that I could hum along despite not knowing the exact words.

One particular paragraph of the song goes like this:

Life is,
like the waves on the sea.
Sometimes go up,
sometimes go down.
Good luck,
bad luck,
still must carry on and go to work.
30% is fated,
70% is hard work.
Ai Piah....Jia Eh Yia....

Such simple lyrics, but so not simple meaning. Perfect advice that I should give to myself everyday during this exam period...

Happy mugging everyone!

No comments: