Friday, April 15, 2005

I want to run and cycle

What I miss right now:



I miss the 4 km East Coast run from VJ to Bedok jetty. How I need to run along the jetty, feeling the sea breeze in my hair and watching people having fun fishing or just camping. I must admit I hated it when cross country training was in full swing, but once the Nationals ended, it became a great stress reliever for me. There were no timings to meet, and I could just sit down at the jetty for as long as I like, until I felt sufficiently refreshed. Sometimes I ran with Tong Leng, sometimes I ran with Sylvester. And I also remember the shorter runs with Elvin. This I guess is one of the demerits of being in a concrete jungle like London.

You never know what you have until you have lost them.

And while looking for pictures of East Coast Park. I found this website:

Singapore Cycling

I wanted to cycle to Kranji last summer but never got down to doing it. To think there were actually proper routes! I want to do the Reservoir and Kranji routes!

No comments: