Sunday, April 10, 2005

Give up? Or stay the course?

And so it's all over. Aristotle Toh wins yet again! And the Russian club from West London are going to be champions for the first time in 50 years.

FUCK.

Perhaps it really is true, they have given up giving their best now since they can't motivate themselves to fight for second place. Of course as supporters, one would feel pissed off if any player comes out with that line, but isn't that what always happens in real life?

When you have no realistic chance at the big prize (though still mathematically possible), would you still go all out JUST to see if you could make a difference? To see if the winds of luck suddenly change and you will get the big prize at the end of the day?

Would you expend all your energy to find out?

Perhaps its the economist in me, but I don't think I will. Once the marginal costs exceed the marginal benefits, I stop, even if there is still positive marginal benefit.

Do you give up before the end?

As for Man United, what can I say? I am still going to Cardiff next Sunday full of hope. I am still to the (originally supposed to be last but the Chelsea game is now after that) league game against West Brom on 7th May, 2 days before I have 2 papers on 9th May. I don't fucking give a damn about glory, loving something is forever. United are still third, much luckier than some other teams...

We'll keep the Red flag flying high, cos Man United will never die...

No comments: