Wednesday, February 16, 2005

As if that wasn't enough...

You know the feeling when the whole world starts crashing in on you?

My hard disk didn't crash.

Instead Irving and his friend think that something in my laptop must have burnt or short circuited or whatever. Which means my warranty might be fucked. I really don't know what might have spilled onto it causing it to short...I never do anything at all! But given my luck nowadays...I believe I should be mentally prepared for an Indian accented caller to say that the warranty does not cover it. And I might have to pay upwards of 600 pounds for the repairs. I am fucked.

I did buy insurance for my laptop in the beginning of the academic year when I bought insurance for my room. All is fine and well until I read the last line: I must provide proof that I OWN the laptop.

My receipt is back in Singapore!!!!

To make it worse, I think when I bought my laptop, I put my father's name on the receipt since he paid for it. It was my decision. So now the insurance company can say that the laptop is not mine. My only hope is that they accept the receipt for my repairing the LCD screen.

I am sooooo fucked.

I hereby declare myself persona non grata. Please people, if you see me on the streets, run and hide as far away as you can. I have so much bad luck that anybody within a metre of me will get it. Dont say hi, don't wave, don't do anything. Seriously I am drenched in showers of suey-ness for now. I haven't even mentioned that I got rejected for United vs FUlham tickets, exactly when I need them desperately because Leon is coming over from the US that weekend.

Just kill me.

No comments: