Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Patience Shihua....patience...

Good evening viewers, welcome to TBC's (TosH Broadcasting Corporation) daily update on the war to rescue Emperess IBM T23.

Latest reports from our correspondents in IBM's service centre indicate that valuable ammunition (i.e box containing IBM Thinkpad T23) had only arrived at the frontline today, a whopping FOUR working days after they had been despatched to the military base at Stratford. General Ang-moh-accent could do nothing but apologise for the cock up by DHL SAME DAY (name of the service...like yes...same day arrive), the military's OUTSOURCED transport division. He promised to speed up the despatching of the ammunition to frontline soldiers (ie technicians) so that they can fight the battle for Emperor TosH, whose health had been deteriorating daily since his Emperess IBM T23 had been abducted by mysterious enemy forces. In fact, as we were having radio correspondence, he claims some soldiers are already starting to make advances into enemy ground (i.e looking at my laptop).

-----------------------

Yes, fuck. After days of hair pulling and frustration, I STILL have to wait. No idea whatsoever whether its covered by warranty or not. Hopefully what the guy said is true, that it wouldn't take long to repair it :( *pray* At least its with IBM now I guess. However, something tells me that DHL won't be my courier service of choice especially if a service called DHL SAME DAY takes FOUR days to deliver something.

Its snowing in London (though most of the time I am stuck in the basement cluster room and not able to see it...). At first I was pretty negative about the snow (esp considering the last time it snowed in UK I missed my Bolton game entirely). But soon I realised that this is quite possibly the last time ever that I will see snow. I began to have nice little fantasies about strolling through white fluffy stuff, making snowman and having snow fights.... Until I saw that the snow melted immediately upon touching the floor and there was not enough snow to even cover the road, let alone make a snow man. *sigh*

Anyway my Masters' application letter is finally in, my tutor finally got down to writing it this morning after seeing my email. Even profesors procrastinate too!!

No comments: