Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Don't get too happy...


(Picture taken from Soccernet)

The last time I talked about a win over Arsenal, United promptly lost the next game to Portsmouth. So I guess I shall keep my mouth shut for now. But remember what I said about memorable games yesterday? This would certainly have been one if I had been at Highbury...

But somehow, I did feel a bit empty after the game. Perhaps it was a realisation that for all its worth, this only served to let United keep the gap. Chelsea are still going to win the league. As described in the match report on Soccernet, this was most likely just a silver medal playoff, which is really sad. There is still a lot of work to be done if United are going to come back next season. At the end of the day, this victory is high on emotions but low on actual meaning...

Side thought: Life never gives you everything you want at any point in time. When you get something you want, you can almost be certain that you will be denied something else...

No comments: